Enter a keyword to search events within the date range above.
- Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021, 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Location: Barr Smith Lawns
Lunar New Year, also known as Chinese New Year or Spring Festival, typically celebrated in China and other Asian countries that begins with the first new moon of the lunar calendar. Today, this popular festival is widely celebrated throughout many cities in the world. As many of our international students are staying in Adelaide this summer, we are taking this opportunity to celebrate Lunar New Year with them by transforming Barr Smith Lawns into an outdoor bustling Lunar New Year Fair. Apart from cultural activities, workshops, and market stalls, be prepared to tangle your taste buds with authentic street food and dance along with traditional performances and lion dance.
- Date: Fri, 12 Feb - Sat, 13 Mar 2021
- Location: QBE Galleries
To celebrate Chinese Lunar New Year and the year of the Ox in 2021, this exhibition showcases Shaanxi Intangible Cultural Heritage from the north western Chinese province of Shaanxi.
- Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Location: Dunstan Playhouse Foyer
Celebrating the 2021 Lunar New Year, the Confucius Institute at the University of Adelaide will be presenting 3 workshops for you to immerse yourself in traditional Chinese culture and art.
- Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021, 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Location: Chinatown Adelaide Precinct Gouger St
The Lunar New Year Street Party is an annual community event featuring many exhibitors and
entertainers from a wide variety of Asian cultural groups, all coming together
at South Australia's iconic cultural venue the Chinatown Adelaide Precinct,
to showcase their traditions through art and flavours.
- Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021, 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Location: Online via zoom
Join Leonie McKeon, China-Educated Strategist, in conversation with Dr Gerry Groot, Senior Lecturer in Chinese Studies, as they discuss how you can make a career out of language and related country studies.
- Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021, 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Location: Norwood Concert Hall
Fantastic free event featuring Cantonese Opera, Beijing Opera, Kung Fu, Taichi, Multicultural Dance, and other live musical performances...
- Date: Mon, 5, 10:30 am - Thu, 8 Jul 2021, 11:30 am
- Location: Confucius Institute, Level 4 Kenneth Wills Building, The University of Adelaide
These July school holidays, the Confucius Institute at the University of Adelaide will be hosting two FREE school holiday workshops validated by CUA. This is a great opportunity to be introduced to a broad overview of Mask painting and traditional Chinese painting in an encouraging and fun atmosphere.
- Date: Thu, 15, 9:00 am - Sun, 18 Jul 2021, 5:00 pm
- Location: Adelaide & Chengdu (Hybrid)
The Australia-China Emerging Leaders’ Summit (ACELS) is ACYA’s signature event, uniting and enriching a new generation of Australia-China literate leaders.
- Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021, 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- Location: Zi Gallery, 52 Goodwood Road Wayville, SA 5034
Co-organised by Multicultural Arts Centre Australia (MACA), YIBEN Media (YIBEN) and Moon Design Group (MDG), the SAIMAF Festival 2021 will be held with four theme events from August to December this year. Everyone is free to participate in the four events: The Enchanter Journey youth art competition, the Amazing SA photography competition, the Senses of Nature SAIMAF + SALA group exhibition and the end of the year Music Planet concert.