Professional Development for Chinese Language Teachers
Chinese for the Classroom 2012
This professional development program is primarily for Chinese language teachers who learnt Chinese as a 2nd language and would like an opportunity to practice and improve their Chinese, and pick up some useful ideas and materials along the way.
According to the needs of participants, the course will cover areas such as:
- Access to authentic teaching Materials
- Solutions to grammar and usages
- Oral practice through interactive conversation and discussion
- Knowledge on today’s hot expressions
- Introduction to contemporary life in China
- Opportunity to present your Chinese skills
In particular, the course will focus on:
- Practical topics related to what is useful in the classroom
- Maximising time for participants to listen and speak in Chinese
Workshops will be held over 4 evening sessions at the Confucius Institute at the University of Adelaide.
- Workshop 1: 5.00pm - 6.30pm, Wednesday September 19.
- Workshop 2: 5.00pm - 6.30pm, Thursday October 18.
- Workshop 3: 5.00pm - 6.30pm, Wednesday October 31.
- Workshop 4: 5.00pm - 6.30pm, Thursday November15.
View the flyer.
Participation is FREE, but REGISTRATION ESSENTIAL (please register online).
For more information please contact the Confucius Institute on 8313 5819