Aims & Objectives
The Confucius Institute at the University of Adelaide provides a unique range of opportunities to South Australia's educators at all levels and works with a broad spectrum of the community, from individuals and community groups to government and business.
The Institute works to increase the understanding of Chinese language, culture and conditions to South Australians and others to help foster closer ties between Australia and China at all levels.
The five main areas in which the activities of the Adelaide Confucius Institute concentrate are:
- Supporting local teaching of the Chinese language with professional development and resources for Chinese language teachers and activities for students.
- Hosting academic and cultural activities on China for the South Australian community
- Actively participating in the network of Confucius Institutes at a national and international level.
- Providing advice and support regarding China to South Australian businesses.
- Administering tests of Chinese language proficiency.